Hi I’m Akela, and my bear friend Baloo, would like to tell you a little bit about Pack 340.
Our pack has been around for a long time. We have about 20 kids in the pack ranging from age 5 to 11. We have a lot of fun during the year doing all kinds of things including:
- Camp outs
- Camp fires
- Model Rocketry
- Crafts (leather, beads, clay, and more)
- Science (fire and other really cool stuff!)
- Shouts, Chants, Screams, Cheers and Singing
- Very funny Skits
- Fishing and so much more!!
And we learn a lot of skills during the year that are both interesting and valuable for the kids:
- First Aid
- Emergency Situations like Fire and Health Safety
- Knife Safety (swiss army/camping knives)
- Alcohol, drug, and related safety
And we make special trips to some neat places like:
- Air and Space Museum
- Our local Fire Station (Station 31)
- Old Steam Train Rides
- The Reston Nature Center
- Dairy Queen!
Often leaders in our community come in tell us about their work. Last year our State Delegate came to visit. We also had a visit from the Animal Rescue Response Team!
Most dens meet every Tuesday nights from 6:45pm until about 8:00pm at Dogwood Elementary School (in the Café) in Reston, Virginia. Contact us at email@example.com for more information.
Please come join us!
Dogwood Elementary School
12300 Glade Drive, Reston, Virginia 20191 (click for a map)
(Between Reston Pkwy and Sunrise Valley Dr)